Wednesday, November 11, 2009

i am Working for 215 for the Weekend

This blog title was really a stretch.  I'm running low on creativity tonight.







I just got done working out at House of Fitness and I feel great!  I did about half an hour of resistance training (I think that's what it's called), which is lifting weights and stuff like that.  Then I went 3/4 a mile on the treadmill.






Also, James and I just walked to the library because I need to work on my French (which has to be done on the library computer), but ALAS!  The library is closed for church on Wednesdays.  Of course.  How could I forget?  Silly me.  Anyways, the point of that story is that walking over here really tired me.




I'm down 2 pounds since Monday and that was after I ate tonight and before I worked out.  So hopefully more by tomorrow morning!






I had 6 cheese cubes, 10 whole-grain wheat thins (delicious) and 7 baby carrots today at 11:00am.  Then, I had baked chicken tenderloins at 5:00.  Now, I'm trying to curb the cravings with a Diet Dr. Pepper.  Hopefully it will last me the night, and I'll have made it a whole day without cheating!!!





I feel much better today than I have in a while.  Hopefully, I'm not too sore in the morning.





Last night was another very successful work out party.  I had a blast with my girls Cayla G., Niki S., Kim S., Katie VS., Bailey T., and Talia M.!!!  We did Sweatin' to the Oldies which is as you all know, one of my very favorites.  I served baby carrots, celery sticks, grapes and cheese cubes- all of which were gobbled down!






We watched the last half of NBC's The Biggest Loser and it was pretty great.  Talk about motivation!  3 of the contestants had lost 100 pounds as of last night- amazing.  I would love to be able to drop everything else (school, practice, etc...) and just work out for weeks!  That would be amazing.








If everyone feels like it, I may just make this Tuesday night thing quasi-permanent!  All of you (my readers) are welcome to come to work out parties by the way.  Let me know if any of you can come Tuesday the 17th at 8!









I'm losing weight right now but may not be to 215 by Saturday as I'm only at 219 right now.  Unless I pull some crazy-sick working out on Friday night.  I might be able to pull that off.  It would be very difficult.  But if Dr. Jones can ride his bike for 30 miles, I can certainly do something comparable.  A crazy work out session might just be the ticket.











I hope this finds all of you motivated and in good spirits, and if it doesn't, please know you aren't alone.  








Do the right thing today.  Stay away from bad foods.  DON'T.  STOP.  EXERCISING.  See the big picture.  Being healthy is better than ANY FOOD!











6 comments:

  1. For the record, let me say right now that I am not related to Richard Simmons. Or Simmons mattresses, for that matter.

    High-five for this post! Baby carrots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY WORK OUT PARTY! im actually a little sore haha great! im so glad youre feeling better about everything, be strong and dont cheat! yay! i like it when you update your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job eating well and doing homework and going to classes and working out!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Rebekah! when you fail to plan you plan to fail. So. . . . . be ready tomorrow to eat well. Yes, you can do this. YOU WILL DO IT>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I just realized I had 2 new posts of yours to read--YAY! I really needed to be reminded that there is NO food that's worth the misery of being fat (even though there are SO many foods I am craving right now). The kids' Halloween chocolate and Pizza Hut killed me for a while. I even put back on 3 lbs which was terribly depressing. But hopefully I'm back on track. I'm barely out of the "200 club" (which I'm only brave enough to admit because you're being so brave). So I still have 69 lbs to go--ugh! This feels impossible. But like Bailey said last post, I feel stronger after reading your reminders of God's power. Thanks and good luck this weekend! (Also, have you thought about going to a bridal store for your floor length dresses?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete