Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fhatsody in Blue

I used one of James's titles for today's blog.







As usual, I'm exhausted.



I just got through playing the Spooktacular concert with the Oklahoma Community Orchestra.  I played organ and piano on the Phantom of the Opera medley.  It was an excellent concert and I loved all of the music!  Judd Theater was PACKED with people standing on both sides!  I love when lots of people come to hear classical music.  It calms my soul to know that the arts is somewhat thriving where I live!




I cheated a couple of times on my diet this weekend but I'm back on track.  AGAIN, I'm going to re-commit to my working-out (and my diet for that matter), as I feel it helps me a lot.





I suppose commitment has to be about every individual day.  A DAILY commitment to do my best.  That's important in weight loss.  One.   Day.   At.   A.   Time.




That said, tomorrow is going to be GREAT!  Thank you GOD for tomorrows!



I felt fat today.  In this blue shirt.  I'm tired of feeling fat.  I feel like I want to hide on days like that.  When I feel fat, I don't want anyone to see me or talk to me- even my close friends or family.  It makes life difficult.  Somedays, it's just hard to put on the confidence and know that I have a BRILLIANT personality and lots of friends.  I just feel.  Fat.  Put a brown bag over my head, someone, please.




In other news, as James and I were driving to the library this afternoon, a bee entered the car.





I was driving.





You can imagine, I'm sure, the chaos that ensued.  I stayed relatively calm until Bee-lezebub flew up front and LANDED ON MY HAND!




My sub-conscious instantly reacted with flailing and screaming, I slammed on the brakes (unknowingly),  and my car went screeching past the pond, towards the bible building.  I'm so glad I didn't hit a pedestrian.  I'm also glad the bee didn't sting me.






Bee jerk.





Beef jerky.





mmm.




food.  delicious.  savory.  unhealthy food.





NO NO NO NO NO NO NO




I better go and distract myself from food.  I'm going to work out again before I crash.  I did 30 minutes of Free Step on the Wii (2,988 steps!!!) while I talked to James about Grad School Visiting plans!  More on that later.




Love to you all for reading my blog!





P.S.- I'm going to try and have my Senior Recital towards the end of February!  I'll keep you all posted.  It's sure to be the big failure event of 2010!!!

8 comments:

  1. Man, I miss you. Next time I'm in Edmond I'm coming to see you. I would have done the SAME THING with the bee. What a miserable event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the bee thing didn't turn out worse. I went outside (out of doors? me?) and a huge hornet flew by and landed on the door. I had to walk around front to get back inside.

    I don't like wasps.

    I also don't like upsetting my parents, feeling guilty, and eating ice cream for it. Ugh, I'm such a girl sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your recital will be great! blessings on your quests . . .
    Bruce Van Sickle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cool. So with it. And, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It calms my soul to know that the arts is somewhat thriving where I live!" yes!

    "Bee-lezebub" no! bad bee!

    "I did 30 minutes of Free Step on the Wii" yay!!! i love it!!!!

    "im sad i missed the concert tonight" says my mom (she had to go to another concert but she wanted to go to the oco she says)

    LOVE YOU! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about that bee. I wish I could have seen your concert. You ARE with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't imagine driving with a stinging insect--glad you didn't drive INTO the pond. Definitely relate to the "feeling fat" feeling. You do have a brilliant personality...why else would all of us follow your blog (but then, I'm one who believes you're human of the year). PS Holding at 8 lbs down; & giving up sugar is killing me! (Heath rode around Hefner lake 3 times last night and lost 5 lbs in one day!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always so proud of you and everyone has fat days ... I feel like that 90% of the time. It's just one of those things with curvy women! We're so blessed to have our beautiful bodies but there are so many personal drawbacks!

    Ummm my nickname is buzzbee but I'm not a bad bee or a bee jerk ..... ahhh :)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete