Monday, October 12, 2009

Just Write Down Johnny Applehead and Be Done With It!







Today at Steelman, I was down 4 pounds from Friday!  This counts me down 9 pounds from the starting weight.  I'm going to do much better this week too.  I (once again) am stepping up my exercise.  I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike yesterday while watching The Godfather, and I did about 45 minutes of exercise today- a combination of walking and WiiFitting.










In other news, my wedding photographer has finally (just about) finished with pictures!!!!!  There's a sneak peek on her website: Sneak Peek!  The cds will come in tomorrow (hopefully) with over 650 pictures to look at.  I'm very excited.  We'll have a picture-viewing extravaganza at my parents' house probably tomorrow evening.  Everyone is invited!  








Of course, you all may not care about this kind of thing.  I'm psyched!










James and I walked at Lake Hefner today.  I STILL wish I had a bike, as I've been asking for one for Christmas and birthdays since college started.  I really want to be riding a bicycle around.  Sigh.










I'm really hoping my senior recital can be in February.  IF I can get it done that early, then I can do the opera (in Dr. Adams' dreams...)  But seriously, I'd like to be in the cast this year if I can finish my recital up.  Here's what the repertoire is looking like so far:








Sonata in A Flat Major K. 127 L. 186- Scarlatti


Sonata in F Major K. 332- Mozart (all 3 movements)


Nocturne in F Minor Op. 55 No. 1- Chopin


Mazurka ______-Chopin (I can't think of the opus# off the top of my head)


Étude Op. 10, No. 12  (Revolutionary)- Chopin


Rhapsody in Blue- Gershwin


Vocal Jazz- TBA














Grad-school is stressing me out.  If anyone has any advice, PLEASE send it my way.  I'm new at this!














7 comments:

  1. Hey,

    What's this Johnny Applehead business?

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the title of this.

    Good job working out! Keep going!

    Also, I am SOOOOO excited for wedding pictures. BUT i have act two rehearsal tomorrw night at 7:30! If I miss the party I will be so upset.

    All piano plus Vocal Jazz? Strange!

    lalalala bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR PICS TOO! except for the part that I can't make it to the viewing party... but I've been looking at the website a lot at work and showing my fellow librarians :-)

    I'm so proud of you for all the work you are doing! I am still so overwhelmed being here adjusting to this new place with all different people and I still don't have total control over my playing ... I'm realizing how important it is to just keep going and especially EXERCISE! or else I will go crazy haha i loove you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viewing party?! So there! I don't have to work.

    And 9 pounds down?!? Get it girl. You are so on your way. I need to get back to working out, too. I'm so bad at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab on the 9 pounds and that you are working out. Even if it doesn't happen every day it is good that you keep trying to get to it. love,love,love all of those piano pieces. can we have the picture party on Wednesday at 8:15????? p.s. your coffee nerves skirt is just waiting to worn -- among other things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 9 lbs. About the grad school stress here's my advice.....Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe Santa will bring you a bicycle this year; ask Heath about grad school; he audition/applied at a few places; he was able to do a GA at Baylor in 2 years; Baylor was a great school for music--mainly "legit" music (vs jazz per Heath)

    ReplyDelete