Saturday, October 3, 2009

Waiting on the Weight to Change





Hello everyone!  I apologize for the absence this week.  It was definitely one of those weeks.  I have been battling this upper-respiratory thing since last Friday- still having painful coughing.  All of that has really exhausted me and school is of course, full of shenanigans.





Thank goodness for James.  He knows me.  He gets me.  He (smartly) took me to the Zoo today- just what I needed.  We saw all of the best animals and I was so happy to get away from the stress of homework and things like that.






Since my beginning weight (last Thursday), I've lost 8 pounds.  This is excellent, as the clinic told me to expect to lose 1/2 a pound to 1 pound a day.  I've cheated my diet a couple of times but I've also had a lot of success (obviously).  I've gotten back into some exercise routine with the Wii Fit.  This is feeling really good to me, because I need the exercise to feel good and healthy and right with the world.




I'm trying to be patient with the weight loss.  One of the tricks for me is staying committed.  I can commit.  I can commit.  I can commit.  I can commit.  I can commit...  Anyone can lose a measly 8 pounds.  Losing ten 8s is the trick.




I'm trying to keep up in school.  It's proving very difficult.  I have a really hard time "jumping through the hoops" I'm given.  I know that I HAVE to have Biology and Philosophy to graduate.  It's just that I don't care.  I'm going to graduate school.  I am going to learn about my profession- music.  Every class will be specialized- Opera History, Advanced French Diction, German Lieder...  These are the kind of classes I need to be in!  Soon enough...



I'm trying to get in at least a couple hours of practicing every day.  I have this thing called a Senior Recital coming up- no big...  I'm working on the Revolutionary Etude, Rhapsody in Blue, a Mozart Sonata and some other stuff.  It's really very daunting.  It's still not as hard as losing weight or putting effort into general education courses as a married, 5th year undergrad.




Now, I'm going to demand some feedback here.  Remember my challenge?  Have you all succeeded in giving something up?  Comment what it was or what it's going to be this time!  Some suggestions: cokes, fast food, eating late at night...






8 comments:

  1. I love the zoo! I'm glad you and James got to go! What a fantastic way to spend the day away from school and stress.
    Congrats on the 8 pounds. That's very encouraging to hear, especially since you've been so sick this week. I'm glad you're feeling a little better, by the way. I'll pray you continue to recover.
    On a side note, I'm so excited you're playing Rhapsody and Blue at your senior recital! I can't wait for the recital in general. When is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Your hair is brown!

    Next week you won't accidentally eat a cheeseburger, french fries, and a frappuccino!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week I gave up "pleasure in food". I tried to eat for fuel and not for emotional fortitude or pleasure. Sometimes I did and sometimes I struggled. Caffeine can give emotional fortitude as in "I need a coke to get through the afternoon". Good job on the 8 pounds. Just lose more this week -- try to not think about how long this can be. But remember -- the more healthy you eat the more times you can go to the zoo with James and the more times you can play Rhapsody in Blue and the more times you can enjoy the kikis! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been fairly faithful in my exercise routine. I alternate between half-an-hour walks one day and using my body bow the other day. It's difficult to pretend to shoot 120 zombies (or 100 goblins with 20 misses. Whichever), but I still need to use the bow today.

    As far as food goes, I've not been doing as well. I had cupcakes belatedly for my birthday, and we finished them yesterday. That's fine, but my parents bought two dozen Krispy Kremes today. I had some. And then mom goes to the store and gets ten little pints of ice cream, only two of which were for her. *sigh*

    I gotta just say no to it. No. No. No. I've had plenty of sugar for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm fasting from sugar. This is REALLY hard for me. I'm down 8 lbs today also. I'm finding my weight "teeters" (or as Heath says, "waddles") down--8 lbs down, 7 lbs down, 8 lbs down, 9 lbs down, 8 lbs down. But since this is how I put on weight, I guess it makes sense that I will fluctuate a bit daily. I'm just hoping and praying this is REAL weight loss. It must be since it's going so slow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job rebekah! you'll have to tell me when your recital is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. im so proud of you, you can do this! im trying harder to keep out all fast food, for the most part i dont eat it but every now and then...bah. luckily most fast food places disgust me beyond eating so that helps! im looking forward to wiifit this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete