Sunday, August 30, 2009

Stair-master to Heaven

Good evening readers!  It's Sunday, I'm exhausted, and have to wake up super early, so my post will be shorter tonight!



In lieu of the tremendous response I've received (in comments, phone calls, messages, and e-mails), I'm going to do a quick shout-out* to some of you who are joining me in this health quest!  Your feedback to me is priceless, and equally inspiring.




To:



  • Bailey T
  • Jan B
  • Megan B
  • Rachel M
  • Sandi S
  • Gary S
  • Adam B
  • Elizabeth J
  • Aliese K
  • Kim S
  • Roslyn D
  • Carol M
  • Lindy A
  • Susan R
  • Joy N
  • Mira M
  • Mira M's Roommate
  • and many more



...



Keep up the healthy lifestyles and work hard!  Keep reading and commenting, as your comments and support encourage me and everyone else who reads my blog.  



Having mutual goals as a community is SO empowering and I hope we can all celebrate the little victories with each other!  Set small goals for yourselves and make the effort to reach them!



I'm hoping to get down 5 pounds by Wednesday, my one week mark.  I don't know if this is realistic, but I am down about 2.5 pounds.  We'll see!  CHEER ME ON!!!!!  NO FAST FOOD!  NO SNACKING! LOTS OF WORKING OUT!


I'm getting up at 6:30am tomorrow to do an hour of treadmill cardio with my dear friend Bailey T before we go to our 1st day of school.  We're going to pop in LOST Season 1!!!  I'm hoping the time will fly, since I'm a huge LOST fan.




I haven't gotten up before 7 in a REALLY long time, so wish me luck!  I'm also starting my final year at OC tomorrow!


side note:
First Class: BIOLOGY!  I'm terrified.  I don't know anyone in there other than this tool* that one of my best friends briefly dated last year.  He doesn't know who I am.  We probably definitely won't be lab partners.





1 Corinthians 6:19 (The Message Translation): Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.




A prayer for weight loss, because I'm called to be healthy.  We all are!



Thank you, Lord, for teaching me discipline.
Thank you, Lord, that I am free to be in charge of what I put in my body.
I choose to receive from You the strength I need to be faithful to my commitment to You.
Your strength fills me.
You show me that I can be responsible for what I choose to eat.
I will not be a slave to food any longer.
I am victorious because You are victorious!
In Jesus' name.
Amen.






*tool defined: 
A person, typically male, who says or does things that cause you to give them a 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look. The 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look is classified by a glare in the tool's direction and is usually accompanied by muttering of how big of a tool they are. The tool is always making comments that are out-of-place, out-of-line or just plain stupid.  



*shout out defined:
To acknowledge someone with respect






These are my confessions...

I bought a pack of Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes out of the vending machine at work on Thursday night.  I was bored.  Not hungry.  Bad decision.  I Wii Fit Hula Hooped it off this weekend, but still feel a little guilty.  Those things are delicious.  I'm sorry to let you all down.




12 comments:

  1. The pilot episode of LOST is pretty excellent. It should be tons of fun to watch on a treadmill! Just imagine you're running to get away from the exploding fuselage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha I love the definition of a tool. It made me laugh. You'll be fine. Be friends with Keith! Isn't he in that class?

    I'm so proud of you! Getting up early to work out is hard, so don't get discouraged because the results will definitely be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lady who knows that sweat glitters like gold,
    And she's running the stair-master to heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the guy who plays Hurley gets frustrated because his character has to look the same for 6 seasons, so he's not allowed to lose weight. He'll probably lose a lot after the show ends. Also, I'll try to help you get up to go work out in the morning. Good luck at school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome! I'm going to follow your blog as a motivator. :) I really like your idea of watching LOST while you work out. I've been wanting to buy some different shows to watch, but if I put a rule that I can only watch while working out I bet it'll be even that much more satisfying. :D

    Keep up the good work and high spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, this morning was fun, even though the DVD players have mysteriously disappeared. It was much easier than I anticipated. I have to say that I crash napped a little this afternoon, though. Oh well.

    I've been thinking a lot today about being in shape but not necessarily being super skinny. It's interesting how all of that works out, I guess.

    I wrote about our workout on my blog - check it out! :)

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  7. And by "it," I mean getting up early and working out. Clearly I am still lacking some sleep. Running around in heels today must have addled my brains.

    Bailey

    Word verification: petion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to read and comment! I was kind of afraid that, since I don't know you well, that I was kinda being a cyber-tool.

    I'm glad to see your determination! I walked yesterday for half an hour again and sang obnoxiously loud (nobody was around) with my iPod. So, now I'm going to TGI Friday's with my Uncle to eat -- but no appetizer or dessert.

    Robbie let me borrow season 1 of LOST. I haven't seen it yet since I live in a hole in the ground, so I'm gonna pop it in tonight.

    Take care and keep it up!!!

    --Gary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting a scripture & prayer--so helpful to see those words of encouragement! I hope this doesn't sound too pathetic, but because weight loss is on my mind SO much right now, I look forward to your blog every day. I mean, what's not to like--a really great Christian girl blogging candidly about her journey to a healthy body. What a great resource! For me, I'm really struggling with a really low metabolism so seeing words reminding me of God's power was really helpful today. Anyway, good luck on 5 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for that scripture! I love the way that the Message translation words certain verses. I am also a huge Lost fan and what a great idea to watch it while working out! I've always watched Kate on the show running around all buff while I sat there and ate chips and thought, "Man, I should be working out instead of watching this," haha, so combining them is genius!

    Also, I almost ate ice cream after a rough day at work but thought about your blog and stopped myself; your determination is contagious! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i bet the cupcakes werent as good as youd hoped/imagined. im ALWAYS disappointed in vending machine food, and it makes me feel worse because i already knew from the start i shouldnt buy it but then i do anyway and THEN since i payed for it i feel compelled to eat it ALL! this is a terrible experience, please dont do what i did! be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like to watch Braveheart while running if I can. I don't even get tired cuz I'm so pumped about killing the English!

    the definition of douche is almost synonymous to that of tool. consequently, most tools are also douches.

    ReplyDelete