Monday, September 14, 2009

Ain't Too Proud to Beg for Another Sunkist

There was a serious lack of comments on my last blog.  So, I left a couple of days to give you all a chance to comment, but alas...  Come on, people!  Don't leave me hanging.



I'm feeling lackadaisical about writing this blog tonight.  This may be related to the lack of comments on my last blog.  This may be related to my mediocre attempts at accomplishing any weight loss between Saturday night and Monday.  I slacked a little.  It's probably a combination of both.



I also had a breakdown tonight concerning my Philosophy homework.  I spent quite some time reading something I was not comprehending.  Not only is the subject matter complicated, but, the textbook is very confusing to me.  It's a guy who writes about a guy who explains why this other guy's opinions are wrong.  I hate it.  I finished about 1/3rd of the reading/questions, and will try to finish it tomorrow at the Nowlin.



I don't like not being good at things.  Here are the things I suck at:


Philosophy Homework


Losing Weight


Playing the Trumpet


Commitment


Math




I'm pretty much the best at everything else.  ; )  (not really)




Anyway, I'm a little behind on everything right now.  This makes my mental state a little bit fried, thus the lack of focus in this blog.  I haven't finished making my huge practice chart for piano.  I need to do this, so that I can make sure and practice the right things at the right time.  I have thousands of measures of difficult music to learn in a really short period of time and I need to get on it.  Plus, I have to balance all of this with my social life.  That is difficult, as many of my friends are no longer college students.  It changes things a bit.



I'm going back to the Steelman Clinic starting probably next week.  This is the place I went for a couple of months in 2007, and as a result, lost about 20 lbs.  This time, I'm doing the more strenuous program they have.  There are daily shots, and the diet consists of  500 calories/day.  It's intense, but I'm excited.  I'll write another blog soon with more details about Steelman Clinic...




I drank a can of Sunkist Orange really fast (apparently) on Sunday night.  On the way out the door to go to Wal-Mart with Robbie, James noticed I already had a second can I was about to open.  I really wanted to drink it.  He took it from me.  Even though I asked really nicely for it back.  And subsequently begged.  I suppose it's fine that I didn't drink it.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry about that. I really just wanted the Sunkist for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good call james, start being the "alpha male" now and you'll have sunkist for years to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested to hear about what this strenuous program at the Steelman clinic entails. A diet of only 500 calories a day makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So have you always been a Sunkister or did James convert you? He has a problem, and it is Sunkist. I think the Steelman program will be, if nothing else, a great jump start to keep you going! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow how do you keep up with you life? You are insanely busy. There's nothing wrong with limiting the amount of time you put in to each project and prioritizing, because not everything that you do has to be top-notch. Keep reminding yourself of your successes-I guarantee they are more numerous and full of quality than those of an average person. Any time you have a goal but don't achieve it as quickly as you would like, you aren't failing-there are simply pauses between your periods of success (and that may be because you're being successful in other areas during that period of time).

    Keep it up! You've been a great inspiration and you have more strength than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, it's so helpful to read your comments. Your struggles are my struggles. All I know for sure about weight loss is IT FEELS IMPOSSIBLE at times while you're in the middle of it! There are days when I'm so proud of myself and days when I'm miserable. Counting calories and P90 are still working best for me. But instead of 2 oreos, I really want to eat a whole row of oreos dipped in as much milk as I want followed by a bag of popcorn. The cravings are still pretty brutal, but there have been a few moments of contentment. PLEASE keep writing your blog--I look for it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have those same cravings as Elizabeth. All of the time. As if food is my best friend. But. . . think of being in charge of it. Bek, you like to be in charge. Tell the Sunkist YOU are in charge of it, and that you laugh in it's face!! Don't worry about being the BEST at all of the things you are doing. Just do the best you can and if you don't happen to be a world class philosopher than so be it. XOXO p.s. I'm impressed you are going to do the shots. Be very careful not to eat too little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i checked every day since friday to see if you had written a new post, FINALLY! lol i LOVE reading them.
    take "losing weight" off the "suck at" list right this moment! its not true! and pat on the back for not drinking the second sunkist/james taking away the sunkist!

    ReplyDelete