Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Can't Wait to Put My Freakum Dress On

In the wise words of Beyoncé Knowles:


hold out your back; time to impress
pull out your freakum dress

Oh--- put your freakum dress on

Oh--- put your freakum dress on
Oh--- put your freakum dress on
Oh--- put your freakum dress on

every woman's got one
shut it down when the time's come
pull out the big gun and
put your freakum dress on





Now, *The Golden Dress* is not, by definition a freakum dress.  I will be purchasing a freakum dress (no doubt) when I reach my goal.  Or maybe, I'll get it before then and have it READY for the goal.  The idea of going out to buy a new freakum dress in a size 8 is really cheering me up.  I should save up.  I'm going to save up and go get it.  Because when you put it on it's an invitation, when they play your song get on up and shake it, work it out your back you don't have to waste it, spin it all around then take it to the ground...



I digress.





*commence living room dancing to Beyoncé*










I digressed again!  Okay, now I'm back.  3:15 of working out right there folks!  YES!







MAY I PRESENT TO YOU...THE GOLDEN DRESS!














Now, there are MANY reasons I'm obsessed with this dress:
  1. Two of my favorite pictures of Buster are the pictures where I'm wearing this dress.  I feel like I match his golden fur and I just love it.  He was the best dog, as you all know.
  2. It's a size 6.  Anyone wish for that?  I'm guessing so.  OH, to be smashed into a size 6.  I'd do a lot for that (except workout and eat right).
  3. It's just a beautiful gown.  I've never seen another person wear that dress.  It's unique to my taste and I loved being special and solo in my wearing of that dress (the ONE time I wore it).
  4. It was expensive.
  5. I look like a beautiful princess in the gown.  Very royal.
IF I ever reach my goal (it's never going to happen, I'm hopeless and drowning in despair), I will be wearing that dress.



To wherever I need to go on that day.


I'll wear the golden dress during the day.
And 
put 
my 
freakum 
dress 
on 
that 
night...



Ladies, look here.  When you've been with your man for a long time, every now and then you gotta go in the back of your closet and pull out that freakum dress...










Writing this blog just cheered me up.  I was very depressed when I started it out.

8 comments:

  1. I wish I had gotten off work a little sooner so I could have seen you dancing to that song.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorgeous. I hope you get to wear it again. I know how much you love it. Just remember, healthy weight loss takes time. I'm struggling with this truth right now. I want it to happen RIGHT NOW! But it just doesn't happen that way. Slow and steady wins the race? (P.S. When I tried to type "steady" my predictive text came up "stardust". WTF?)

    anyway, I love you. Keep up eating well and exercising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS... I love Beyonce. Please tell me you saw her VMA performance. She's so fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous in THE GOLDEN DRESS! I can see why you plan to wear it again. And you're so right, dreaming of shopping for new dresses does sound like fun. Your joyful blog added joy to my day...thanks! (PS It feels like I'm moving at a snail's pace, but I've lost 6 lbs as of today)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I LOVED this post! It cheered me up, too! You are so right about the golden dress. It is beautiful and completely you. You just shine in it. You're doing so good! So much better than me:/ I'm still trying, though! Your posts are so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. La la. I, too, love the golden dress. And I love Bustie with you in that picture. I also want you to wear the 'coffee nerve' skirt on your way to the golden dress! In fact, I have lots of specials from over the years. You looked happy today and that made me happy. Remember on your way to the golden dress that the most important thing in the end is being golden on the inside. Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some laughs . . . look up Sinbad on NutriSystem on You-tube. Also, look at his bit on McDonalds. You will like it I think. Cha Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved this post except for some sad whispering in the background! you are soo not drowing in despair young lady! love you and know you WILL ROCK THAT FREAKUM DRESS! just keep working, doing what youre doing!

    ReplyDelete