Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ruffles Sour Cream & Onion On My Mind

I decided to go to Wal-Mart by myself tonight to get some groceries.  As I filled up on the normal things, including the AMAZING Glade candles I hold so dear to my heart, Ruffles SC&O called my name.  There was a special display and one big bag was on sale for $2.00.   I stopped with my cart and stared up and considered for almost 2 minutes.  I figured I could buy them, eat them really fast, and throw away the bag before James found out.





I didn't.  I deserve a pat on the back.





They are so delicious though.  Of course, chips just make you sick.  Why would anyone ever eat them??  I wish I liked the healthier version of chips.  They have all sorts of lower fat, and baked choices.  I really just like the regular fatty kind, though.  Otherwise, I won't eat chips.  I guess that's good.  No chips for me!






I'm going to give a shout-out to my boss Kim.  I found out today she's doing all this CRAZY hard working out to lose 10 pounds.  Good luck Kim!!!




And continued good luck to all of my readers who are working to lose weight and get strong!





As for my Wednesday goal of 5 pounds, I ended up losing 4.8, so, pretty close!  I just ate pasta though, so I feel like a fatty right now.





I really love eating, and tasting food.  I need to give that love up I think to be successful.  I've also decided to go off carbonated beverages.  I love them dearly.  I give them up every now again for varying lengths of time, and ALWAYS feel healthier as a result.  I sleep better, and my stomach doesn't feel sour.  The problem, is that Coke is delicious.  Coke, SC&O, and Hamburgers.  I guess I'm reminiscing here, because those days are over!






And to finish out my night of eating, a 60-calorie chocolate/vanilla swirl pudding.  It's ok tasting!  Adam, Katie, and James are playing Rock Band 2, and I have homework so I really need to wrap this blog up.

13 comments:

  1. Good job not buying the potato chips! Sorry we kept you up too late playing Rock Band.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SC&O chips make your breath stink. James would have known right away. And you probably would have ended up telling him anyway. I'm proud of you for resisting, though! It's tough!

    Thanks for letting us come over and distract you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lost two pounds this week! I'm right here with you, girl. Thanks for chronicling everything you're going through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! High-five! So, those Slimfast shakes... only 180 calories. Don't know why I got so confused on that.

    Chips don't do much for me unless we're talking nachos. Nachos are my kryptonite. Well, kryptonite smothered in cheese and jalapenos. OK. Bad analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Rebekah! Keep it up!! Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great you resisted Rebekah. I am proud of you. BTW- I have the very same pudding in my fridge, and ate some last night! Put a little fat free cool whip on top, and it's even better.
    Whenever you are confronted with some kind of yummy dessert, chase James around with it and throw it at him instead of eating it. (you know, like with that chocolate pudding pie you, Kim and Kelcy had so much fun destroying!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, flavor in food helps you eat less- strong flavors- vinegars, mustards, lemon and lime. It's recommended to have no more than two strong flavors in one meal because with more than that your brain wants to consume more of each flavor and you will then eat more food. But good strong flavors are key in a succesful diet! There's nothing wrong with a love for food, it's just not knowing when to quit and how to portion the food correctly. I love you so much! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not knowing when to quit eating that will hurt you and knowing how to portion!** (i read this is the comment above and didn't like the way I worded it!) Use 20% less breads and carbs and add 20% more veggies and protien! People who eat 20% less each meal tend to not feel less hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. UPS just delivered P90X...(gulp)... here we go (Mario 64 voice)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes! STOP THE COKE! seriuosly, these are the good decisions you should, and ARE, making! cut the chips, fast food, and sodas! IM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR STANDING STRONG WHEN FACED WITH THE RUFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! As a recovering lover of food I can honestly say wow! Passing on the SC&O and swearing off sodas is awesome! And rounding up, you easily made your weight loss goal, right? Have you ever tried mixing club soda with fruit juice?--yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fact that you considered the chips for 2 minutes reminds me of my own pattern when it comes to things to addictive. The longer I consider something I should not have, the more likely I am to rationalize myself into having it.

    Adam it's funny to imagine mario 64 voice inspiring you to work out.

    ReplyDelete