Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Don't Really Like The woMan in the Mirror

Happy Sunday, everyone!


I'm here, working in the Nowlin Center from 8-12 tonight.  It looks like it's going to be an exciting night.  When I arrived at what I think was about 7:57, there were 1700 people lined up at the door tapping their toes at me... no I'm actually exaggerating.  In fact, one of my readers Amy B., was here!  I think she was retrieving something from the printer.



But seriously, I think they should just have the Nowlin open ALL DAY on Sunday.  We OC students shouldn't have to conform to a schedule that a few popular churches keep.  Not even HALF of the undergraduate students here attend CoCs in the area on Sunday or Wednesday nights, so why on earth would we shut down for 6 extra hours a week?   It's beyond me.



Keep the Nowlin Open All Day on Sunday and Wednesday!!!!!




Now that you know how I really feel...




I may have taken in a few extra carbs this weekend.  I've stayed at/under my calories for the day, but I really need to step it up tomorrow on my workouts!!!!!!



Tomorrow I'm going to practice 2:30- 4:00.  Then I'm going workout after band at 5:00.  Yes- it's a plan!


---------
Now for some shout-outs:
---------

- one of my best friends, Bailey T., has a WONDERFUL blog : Midwest Meets Manhattan

- a friend from high school, Emily K. just graduated and is on track to be a dietician.  She gave me a tip for a legit cookbook: The Healthy Beef Cookbook.  Hopefully, she can help me and you all in turn, distinguish some myths from truths about everyday nutrition!

- Jan B., my mom, has shed a whopping 4 lbs. this week.  I'm very proud of her.






So, one of my brothers, Adam, just ordered and began the P90x workout system.  He showed it to us today and it's awesome!  I don't know if I would ever be strong enough to even ATTEMPT the kind of crazy they have going on.  He is going to be SUPER BUFF in 90 days if all goes according to plan!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah! Working out is good, and working in the Nowlin Center is what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't have $$ to pay for workers those extra hours. You should know that by now! ;-)
    Hey if you're working out later in the day you should call me! I'll come join you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the only person that doesn't know what the P90x is...and I'm ok with that.
    i get off work at 5 tomorrow. work out buddies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's because the LORD (!) (the creator of the universe) rested on the 7th day! Monday is a good day to stay on a diet -- sort of like a mini fresh start. Yeah for practicing and planning to practice. I like that! Do you guys have a grill or the George Forman thing? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for the link!! I guess I should throw up a real post now that people are going to click through haha. I already have like 8 hits since you posted this.

    I hear P90X is crazy hard. I thought about buying it, but JMichaels is busting my butt enough for now.

    AND I agree on the Nowlin hours!!!! It makes NO sense and most OC students don't attend a Sunday evening service. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout-out. My arms aren't as sore as I thought they would be after the arms/ shoulders workout yesterday so that could mean that...a) I'm already getting stronger b) I need heavier weights-or both I suppose. But my legs are still sore from Friday.

    To all of you P-to-P readers that are curious, here's the link to the P90x website www.Beachbody.com/p90x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Adam I heard that mowing the yard without using the self-drive can have almost as much value as 30 minutes of P93x. Cool, eh? Anonymous, but you know who....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout-out!! I sure hope you got paid time & a half today if you were working. Although, I doubt you did...

    ReplyDelete