Thursday, September 17, 2009

Who Wouldn't Want to Be Me? A skinny person.

I'm coming clean tonight, readers.  I have not stuck to my diet and exercise very well this week.  The exercise has kind of been non-existent, and the eating has been a little more relaxed than normal.  This is due to me being uncommitted, slightly stressed, tired from school, and just a little bit unorganized.  I usually weigh-in every day, but I haven't since Sunday because I'm too scared.  I don't want to know how much I may have gained.




In light of that bad news, I DO have an exciting announcement.  I'm going BACK to the Steelman Clinic starting Monday morning.  James and I have been saving up and will be able to pay for the whole 10-week program up front, which is really cool, because I stopped going last time because of money.





I originally went to the Steelman Clinic with my Mom back in 2007.  I lost 20 lbs. the 1st half of the program, but we couldn't afford to keep going and a lot of crazy stuff was going down during that time in my life.  So...I quit going, and over the next year gained back the 20 lbs. + about another 20.





The program I'm enrolled in is specifically for people who have over 40 lbs to lose.  It's a different program than the one I was on before- more intense.  I have 2 options- the daily sublingual drops, or the daily shots.  I am going to ask the doctor on Monday which one is most effective and go with that.  If I go with the shots, I will see the doctor app. 5 times a week.  Anyways, the clinic does lab-work and follows my progress and cholesterol and all sorts of stuff like that.  I will also be eating off a very specific, low-cal, diet plan.





I'm feeling a bit optimistic about this- especially after how badly this week went.  We talked about me going to Steelman again this past summer, but it's finally a reality, which is really awesome.





I will let you all know how it goes on Monday and what I'm going to be eating and such!  It's going to be good to get back on with a new program and all.  I'm excited for the strict rules...






Challenge for you all:  Cut ONE, SPECIFIC, UNHEALTHY, food/drink COMPLETELY out of your diet the next month, and see how it effects your health!  Some popular examples would be: French Fries, Coke, Chips, or Beer.  I lost about 8 lbs. once a few years ago when I gave up Coca Cola for a couple of weeks.  I was drinking A LOT of Coke back then...




Happy living!

9 comments:

  1. The font in the second part is much bigger than the font in the first part!

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you too! and im sad we missed each other tonight. IWANTTOSEEYOU!! now that im back i want to hear all about your life first hand, not just from blogging lol although i will still read and comment on every post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone has their off day, weeks, months... Years? Haha.
    It will be nice that you'll have professionals keeping you accountable at the clinic. I'm sure that will help you out a lot!
    Also, I'm so glad I got to see you today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ashamed now, we had literally no healthy food here tonight. lol. We had peaches and grapes in the fridge and we totally forgot to take them out. But hey, at least we had smurf icing! It was great to see y'all and best of luck with Steelman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl

    My mom did this program and she did the shots and I was able to give them to her, I think they were better. You should talk to her and see what she says?? Also, I bet you could drop the shots at the health and wellness center and they would do it instead of having to go up there everytime.. Talk to her about it bc I think she got the injections somewhere else.. I don't know specifics. Good luck, I am sure you are doing great-- better than me at least, I ate a fried Snickers today. Hm, not good.

    -Staci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, I just realized - I drank a Dr Pepper a day this summer, sometimes two, and when I came home I stopped almost completely and started working out more.

    And then I lost like 10 pounds, ha. Interesting how that works out. PS I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Can I change your challenge from cutting something out to cutting back on something? Like perhaps only having one pop a week for the next month? I think I'm gonna do that.

    Good luck with the clinic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm switching Diet Coke out for either (barely) sweetened tea, or Slimfast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rebekah!

    I'm proud of you. I'm the same: I like strict rules. Before I found out about my gluten allergy, I toyed with the idea of just cutting it but I needed that "you have to do this" from a higher-up before I would actually stop eating things that were physically making me sick.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete